1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polyurethane Cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowingnyc, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Plowingnyc

Plowingnyc Junior Member
    from NYC

Has anyone used the polyurethane citron edges?
    If so would these be safe on a parking deck that has a rubberized waterproofing?
    Thanks

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

what are citron edges?

3. Plowingnyc

Plowingnyc Junior Member
    from NYC

That's obviously a typo *cutting

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Sorry I can't give any feedback on the type of surface your are asking about. I did attach a link to who I use to buy my black urethane edges. I especially like this co because I can custom order size and thickness. Heavier scoop plows I can go 2.5" thick and on my Sno way's !1/2" thick. As to height, on my light weight plows I go 8" tall so I can flip over for more ware.

Based on my usage, other than rubber, which sucks, this may be the best option for you.

http://www.interstateplastics.com/B...1.250&qty=1&recalculate.x=74&recalculate.y=17

Copy and paste in internet bar

5. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Junior Member

We manufacture hybrid polyethylene edges that do exactly what you're looking for.

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Call a company out of white lake or pontiac michigan called Soltice Plastics. Get a price from them and i bet they are half of any one else. Thats who i use and they last a long long time.

7. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

So you guarantee that your edges are safe on the rubberized surface that the OP is referring too?

8. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Junior Member

There is a variety of treatments used on parking structures, rubberized asphalt, resin/quartz, etc. that require the use of poly edges. We can't guarantee you won't be able to damage that surface with our poly edges, but we can offer a product that's self-lubricating with high extreme abrasion resistance that's softer than the surface you're cleaning.

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This :confused: