1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polyurethane cutting edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yardworks, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of some dealers that handle Polyurethane cutting edges in WESTERN WISCONSIN. You would think I would have no trouble with the internet and Yellow pages, but I haven't had any success. I need blades ASAP, we might have snow on Tues. I need pieces 51" long, 3"wide, and 5/16" to 1/2" think. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't think I'm not ready to plow tommorrow. I have steel cutting edges right now, but they leave rust marks on sidewalks. No good. While I'm on here if anyone has an easy way to get rust off sidewalks without damaging grass from run-off. it would make my day.

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yardworks,
    This is a post from another thread by Dino that should help you. I would assume that whatever dealer MTS recommends to you will be able to ship anywhere. The toll free # is 877-742-5180. Good luck.
    <If you call MTS they will refer you to your nearest distributor. That person can walk you through the order process. I am assuming if you are running down roads with the plow, that you wont have a lot of downpressure on the blade. You drill the holes, and yes it can be cut to your contour when it is installed.
    As I said when I became a moderator, I wont sell through this forum, just glad to pass the info along.
    MTS phone # 603-742-5180 ask for vinnie or jack hill
    They will direct you where to go, and also they will help with the thickness issue and if you need type 1 or 2
    I still belive that a type 1 at 1.25-1.5" will work fine, but they can confirm that for you. Let me know how you make out.
    Dino>

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You could also try http://www.cue-inc.com I recieved info from them today and they sent me a list of local dealers maybe they have someone close to you. Or call them 1-800-283-4621

They sell urethane dont know if there is a difference or if thatsa what you mean.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Contact CPW 1-800-761-1700 ask for Bill Nero, if they dont have urethane in stock, he will might have rubber. You can use that untill the urethane comes in. He can also ship next day, so you will have the material before middle of the week.
    Dino