1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

polycater price

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vt properties, Oct 15, 2010.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

I'm purcasing a new spreader for the season..a DD polycaster. Priced today at two dealers
    fisher polycaster 1.5 $4,990.00 ...1.8 $6,000.00
    Blizzard Ice chaser 1.5 $4,975.00 1.8 $6,120.00
    Prices are installed, why so much more for the 1.8 models? That's a huge jump. Are the motors different?? Also are these prices ok or should I start looking farther away.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

take a look at one of the sponsors at the top of the page Tim Wallace

3. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Donovan in NH has the 1.5 Polycasters for $3615 cash and carry.

Heading up next weekend to pick one up from CT.

http://www.donovancompany.com/snowandice.html#Fisher289

4. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Last October i paid $4,060 for my tornado 1.5 installed and $5,600 about a month and a half ago for my 2.5 installed. The 1.8 should be in between those prices. Im almost positive the motors are all the same, the only difference is size. Those prices seem way high even for this time of year.

5. vt properties

from vermont

3615 wow...i'm going to call tommorow mornining if theu are open. There is no sales tax in NH either. That's a huge saving. Thats a savings of 400 or more on the tax alone! Totaly woth my time for a trip to NH. Thanks for the post you may have saved me 1k. Hell I see they do installs as well I check to see how much more that is and make an appointment for the install. Again a huge thanks bud, and it is snowing here today about 4 miles up the road from me, I live at the base of stowe mtn in VT

6. vt properties

from vermont

Another thanks to CT tile man...I called Donovan in NH and sure enough...quoted 3650 for the 1.5 yard...and 4500 for the 1.8yard. , and if I want 250.00 for the install. The savings is almost 400 on the tax alone. I am sure glad I posted this thread ...

7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure to post a picture when the trucks all set-up!

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Messer up here in Maine is charging $3800 installed.

9. vt properties

from vermont

You bet, I just figured out how to do that. I'll take some pics of the place in NH as well

10. vt properties

from vermont

Thanks repo thats a little chaeper than the price I got. However I believe that there is sales tax in Maine. I could be wrong. I am not sure about the drive time frome stowe vt to there either, i;ll check it out though prob on mon. I'm going to check if they have a web site. Did you ever get one yourself? I remember you got that sweet xls last year and was thinking bout getting a polycaster. I want an xls but its going to have to wait a bit.

11. vt properties

from vermont

I just looked wesbrooke is 3hrs 45min according to goole directions from me, and I believe maine has a 5% sales tax. The place in NH is 2hrs 20min from me and no sales tax. Thanks for the info Repo always good to check on options. I can't believe the price the dealers near me want..and while I have a 8' bed I cant justify the price difference between the 1.5 and 1.8 so i'm going to get the 1.5. Anyways thank you

12. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

TAX FREE HEW HAMPSHIRE !!!!

Picking mine up next weekend.

:redbounce

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes it is about 3:00 ride (google mis estimates the back way), and there is a $190 in taxes as well. I haven't gotten one yet. I'm still contemplating it at this point. I'm pretty sure I want to get a new truck first.

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

My accountant ALWAYS make me pay taxes on my equipment if I buy it in NH. If your going to depreciate it you need to pay the taxes on it... so pay now or pay later, uncle sam will get his share.

15. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Dont pay to have it installed. It is so easy a monkey can do it.

16. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

What about a caveman? lol :laughing: Sorry, one of those annoying geico commercials was just on.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thats about the same price here in NWPA. TOOOOO much! We ended up getting a 2yrd Poly DownEaster from Collin, (ColumbiaLand, also a sponsor on here). Great price and I think a better product. Although I do like the top hinge doors, but for the difference in price....not even close to worth the extra. ANd yes they are simple as heck to install, basically plug and play.

18. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If there's no sales tax in NH,why would you want to pay it and equally important--who would you pay it to?There is no sales tax dep't.Depreciation has absolutely nothing to do with sales tax anyway.And Uncle Sam collects a lot of different types of taxes but sales tax is not one of them.Only the states,counties,cities, and towns collect sales taxes.

19. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I don't WANT to pay it but I'd prefer to stay out of jail or a large fine if I try to get around it. Maine is a state that collects sales tax. I live in Maine therefor I pay sales taxes on purchases. Doesn't matter where I buy them they want their cut. Trust me I'd perfer not to pay especially on large purchases like loaders and skids.

What I was getting at in terms of depreciation is, if big brother (state of maine) sees you bought a new pc of equipment that you want to depreciate it on your taxes, In my state you better make damn sure you've paid your sales taxes before depreciating that Item. I should have stated that the state of maine collects sales taxes not uncle sam..... but both of them are theives anyway!

20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Unless Maine and NH have a reciprocity agreement,if you live in Maine and buy in NH[or any other state that doesn't have sales tax],you do not have to pay sales tax on that item.Think about it--sales tax is based upon where you purchase an item,the only exception is a vehicle.Why don't you simply call the Maine Sales Tax Dep't and pose the question to be doubly sure.