1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polycaster Update

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnoShark, Jan 28, 2007.

1. SnoShark

SnoShark Junior Member

I had the unit service as required by the Fisher service bulletin. The dealer replaced the belt, shear pin and electrical module, as required. I have used the unit only twice, both time with a full load of sand/salt mix and the load was somewhat wet. The unit worked fine with no issues. Hopefully the bugs are gone.

2. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I bought a polycaster this season and used it once earlier in the season. And guess what...the belt didn't move. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and let them know about the bulletin. This way I don't have to waste my time doing adjustments on a brand new piece of equipment that fisher should have done before releasing it to the market???? Thanks for the info

3. 6_Feet_Under

6_Feet_Under Junior Member

We run a tornado which is basically the same. However our dealer is unaware of any update bulletins for this unit. I'm hoping that someone has a hard copy of this bulletin that they could possibly e-mail to me so that I got something to take to them. Thanks in advance dreamscapedevelopers@sasktel.net