1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PolyCaster Problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JDT, Dec 14, 2008.

1. JDT

JDT Member

Ok. So I had the Spreader Module changed at the dealer, covered under warranty. That didn't fix the problem at the dealer, they had to do a couple of other things to get it going. When I asked them if it was the module, they said "lets just say........". Now the sander wont work. The motor won't turn. Then it started turning and it wouldn't turn the belt. Could it be the belt needs to be tightened, or is the motor bad? Any help is appreciated!

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Tighten the belt first

I have a brand new one this year. And I think I had the same problem as you had. First I noticed that on the belt, were the belt comes together the metal clips were hitting on the ends and that was stopping the belt drive in its tracks. So i trim the ends of the belt clips a Little and now it runs good when it was emptied. Then I put a load in it and I had the same problem you had I had to tighten the belt drive on the front of the sander, one on each side and make sure you adjusted them both equal on each side. NOTE: I had to do this about 2 times to get the belt drive to work properly. If you have any more questions send me a P.M. and I can help you out. SNOWANDICEMAN
  3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

We issued a bulletin to the dealers on this issue. All spreaders will need to have the belt adjusted after a load or two. Its the nature of using a fabric belt - it's going to stretch a little when a few thousand pounds is loaded in the hopper. After a couple of loads it's going to stretch as much as it's going to and you should be all set. Our hope was this info would get passed on to the enduser so that it did not come as a surprise in the middle of a snowstorm.
  4. JDT

JDT Member

Brian Thank you. I did try tightening the belt, that didn't work. The red light on the cab control is flashing 4 times and according to my owners manual this means "No Power"....any suggestions?