1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polycaster Mounting

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rpainetfd, Nov 18, 2011.

1. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

I have a two year old Fisher Polycaster that I have secured to my truck with ratchet straps. When empty, it tries to slide around some. I dont seem to have the room to strap it secure, the straps go from my tie downs to the handles, which is pretty much straight up and down, very little side angle, so the spreader has room to slide back. Other than bolting to the bed, I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas to keep this thing from sliding around. Thanks
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

have the straps "cross" from front to back (not sure it will help with the sideways motion but its worth a shot... or maybe put a rubber truck mat underneath it to help with the sliding along with putting a 4x4 up by the front of the box to keep the vbox away from the bed (I do this in my trucks just to keep the sand and salt from contacting my beds)
  3. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

i would def cross the straps. thats the way i did it in my salt dogg