1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by royallawn, Jan 8, 2009.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i found a poly blade for sale and am wondering if they are beter/worse than regular steel blade? pros/cons? anyone? thanks

2. Gregg Blair

Gregg Blair member

Be careful. Is this material polyurethane, which would be flexible like rubber, or is it polyethylene - plastic. Two different animals.

3. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

The biggest advantage I see with mine is that the snow doesn't stick to it. Since it slides off easier it probably pushes easier also but not sure if you could tell the difference.

4. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

well, i went and looked at it and ended up buying it. it looks brand new. it was only the blade. my 2 steel blades are getting old and showing some rust holes. this should be a nice blade.

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Let us know how you like it after you use it.

6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

ok, i will if it snows. do you do anything to the blade to keep the snow from sticking? wax, fluid film, etc?

7. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I think I ArmorAll'd it when I got it (used) a few years ago but haven't since.

8. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

Fluid Film.

You should spray all you stuff with fluid film

9. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

that i do already. great stuff.

10. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

the poly worked very well. the snow really rolls off of it nicely. should be a good buy for $350. my steel blades are getting pretty rusty and some rust holes.

11. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Got any pics? I like my poly but snow still sticks to it, not as much as steel though.