1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Vs. Steel

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA Farmer, Aug 8, 2010.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am going to be getting a new MVP and am debating between Poly or Steel. I will be storing the plow inside at all times. My question is will the poly still turn pink over time or is that strictly caused by the sun? I like the fact the poly wont ever rust but I can't stand the way the poly turns pink. So if stored in doors which will look better longer? Thanks

2. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

My ploy pro is 6 seasons old and has always been stored inside and it is still as red as it was when it was new.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Poly.........

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

poly is what i will be buying next..

5. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

Me too. Next one will be Poly!

Just like anything, you store it inside and it will last MUCH longer. I bought my HD Boss 2 years old and it was so rusty from sitting outside and being abused that I had to repaint it. Looks like new after a few years of use and being stored inside. And a liberal dose of Fluid Film!

6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thats what I was leaning toward. I will be getting a new MVP Poly next week if the guy comes and buys my 8' Ultramount Friday.

7. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

poly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

whats wrong with pink? put a white ribbon on it, and donate 1% of your sales to breast cancer research. win/win.

9. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Well I got my 8 footer sold today so will be getting a new 8'6'' poly MVP next week. I'm prolly going to install this one myself and save a few hundred dollars. Hopefully I can get it all done before we start harvesting corn.

10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Well Tuesday morning I called and ordered my 8'6'' MVP and was all excited when the semi pulled in the driveway this afternoon only to find out they sent me a 9'6'' MVP. So they will be sending me an 8'6'' tomorrow and hopefully I will get it on Monday and start putting it together. I was contemplating keeping the 9'6'' but that is just to big I think. I will post progress pics.