1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly-V or XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fortywinks, Oct 23, 2007.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

If you had a choice between the 8'2" Poly V and the same size XT-V, which would you choose? Why?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would choose both of them, because then I can have one of each.:D But If it was one or the other it would have to be the ploy i think. It is my 3rd year with one and they seem to work really well. Plus the snow wont stick to the ploy plow.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get either one, there both cheap. It's the thing behind the plow that costs a lot!:D
  4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I disagree. It doesn't stick as bad, but it does stick.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Spray either blade surface with Fluid Film and snow doesn't stick either.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well I know with mine it didn't stick, it only stuck to the cutting edge and to the back of the plow, I never put any fluid film on it or anything, just wash it after every use. Maybe it is because it was only 2 years old and kept inside. I just bought a brand new one a few weeks ago for my new truck so I am hoping to do the samething with this one.

7. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Buy the XT they just look cool.:nod:

You can buy the XT blade halves and swap out the regular ones
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

YEP thats what I would get!!!!:salute:
  10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

If snow sticking to the moldboard is your biggest concern, you could always just rub some Vagisil on them!!!!
  11. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

Go for the power v-xt, they are mean looking!:realmad: I'm not %100 sure about this but I was told that if you have a poly blade then you should stay away from gravel parking lots or driveways, aparently they get all scratched up then the snow sticks to them. Just something to keep in mind if you have any gravel jobs.
  12. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

wesportGo with the XT... im waintin for mine right now. They had to overnight the undercarriage from Billings so I should have it on Monday or Tuesday at the lastest! xysport
  13. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

has anyone plowed with the V-XT yet, and if so, how do they compare to the regular V's?
  14. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Plowed with mine yesterday,first time useing a boss v though so I cant compare it to the regular V.

I love it though.If you have it installed make sure the dealer gets all the air out of the system.Mine seem to have some in it.I need to get some more fluid and try to get the air out.
  15. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

someone was telling me that they seemed to operate slower than the orignal V's, so I was just wondering how much truth there was to that.
  16. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I dunno,its fast.Id bet there is no difference.

Same blade just taller wings.Only other V that I have used was an older sno-way lobo and they are very slow compared to boss.

Not sure if I really like the spring return on the wings.That is really my only dislike.They slam back pretty hard.But I guess thats how they are the fastest.
  17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if the wings are slamming back real hard, not just a light tap, then you need to adjust the return springs for less tension. their is a nut on the eyebolt attached to the spring that you can loosen.
  18. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

:bluebounc bump!!
  19. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i dunno if im blind or anyone has said but the only poly v-plow being made is the v-xt's
  20. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I thought the same thing since they arnt on boss' website.... but.... I was at the grocery store and pulled up to a older man with a spankin new ford std cab F350 with a Poly 8'2" power V. I asked him how he liked it and what not. He said he just purchased the truck two weeks ago and just in time for the 6" storm. I cant remember the name of the truck outfitter but the name was stamped in the snow deflector.