1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly v box????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by oxcar3, Jan 22, 2009.

1. oxcar3

oxcar3 Junior Member
    from ct

am looking at salt dog 1500 or was thinking a snow ex poly would be spreading sand/salt mix anyone useing these ??how do they work??? thanks

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

We have three 2 yd. salt doggs(electric); as long as the baffles are adjusted for either treated or straight salt, they run great for the money(jmo). Salt requires less opening as it is usually dry,most purveyors of treated are in great big piles thus you receive wet...hope this helps. good luck!

3. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Get the 2000 model. It weighs about the same and is only slightly longer than the 1500, and costs about the same too. You may think you don't need it, but it's better to have more than you need than to buy the 1500 and have buyers remorse.

4. jefferson

jefferson Member

Not sure about that saltdog 1500,buddy of mine has one and not to happy.
    As for the snow x poly owned one and it was a POS.
    Have a Fisher procaster this year and so far the best i have owned.
    Good luck its easy to get a POS when it comes to sand/salters easy for straight salt.

5. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member

2 yd. Salt Dogg here....works fine for bulk salt

6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

blizzard ice chaser awesome 1 yard capacity great for dry sand salt wet is decent may have to jump out and kick it once or twice though

7. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

Anyone use the Salt Dogg for sand/salt mix? I am thinking of a 2 yrd one for next year. All my accounts are 75/25 sand/salt mix. I need 2 yrd capacity as some of my lots take a full 2 yard application. Sand is stored under cover so it is somewhat dry, but as with any sand, it holds moisture. Just wondering if this machine can take the load. Thanks