1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Straight Blade Cover?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mayhem, Nov 17, 2011.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Seems a bit too obvious to me, which usually means I didn't think it through all the way, but is there a poly outer skin sold ofr Fisher straight blasde? I've got an 8' MM1 thats served me well but I'm at the point where I'm spending too much time maintaining the steel annually. It occurs to me that maybe a 4x8' sheet of clear lexan...maybe 1/8" or 3/16" thick either bolted on with galvanized carriage bolts or maybe pop riveted on would keep a lot of abuse off the fresh paint and would probably roll snow 10x better.

I looked and I see some companies offer kits for Boss and Meyer but I don't see anything Fisher specific. Maybe I should just make my own? Worth it or a waste of time?

Thanks.

2. SinisterSnake

SinisterSnake Junior Member

I've thought the same thing.

I'm not sure how well lexan will hold up to the cold+ abuse though.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

problem is fisher blades are taller than most others . so the skin kits you can buy in yellow are to short to fit the whole blade . and also with trip edge design of fisher no way to lock the bottom in to place like the directions tell ya to do via pinching it between the blade and wear edge.

i dont recall the write up here a few years ago but i guy did install one but spent a bit of time making and modifying a way to sandwich the lower part to the blade of the fisher

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Lexan holds up great. Snoway plows have been running lexan for years with no problems.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Buyers poly kits are taller than fisher blades - got one sitting in my basement waiting to be installed.