1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly-Steel Hybrid.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BOMBER, Jan 2, 2008.

BOMBER Member

Got tired of painting the plow only to see it worn off in one storm!

So I sprayed it with Bedliner in a can......:dizzy:

Will it last? Will snow stick? Will it get me 80 mpg? Will it increase my tax return this year?.........Or will the wife be proven right, that I'm insane?

Only time will tell................now where's that damn camera?:alien:
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It works my buddy has his plows Rhino Lined.
  4. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Wouldn't the texture cause the snow to stick?
    At the end of the season we are going to strip down my buddy's plow and paint it with the Teflon based paint they use for inside gravity wagons.
  5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

doesn't teflon have to be baked on at like 700-800 degrees?

BOMBER Member

6'-10" wide 23" high

Gets in and out of the tightest driveways and alleyways!!

Waiting for snowfall to see how anti-stick and wear-proof the bedliner coating is, at least it looks good!

My next choice of plow will be the Blizzard 680LT.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

YA, but thats just a jeep. It doesn't prove anything. Especially wether or not it works....

Just joking around with ya :jester: :nod: I would actually like to get a jeep for drives. Are you running a 4 or 6 cyl and hows it handle say a foot of snow at the end of a drive?? (sorry I don't mean to hi-jack the thread I just had to ask)

It will be interesting to see how it holds up. The coating that is.

BOMBER Member

It's 4cyl with a 5 speed manual, locked rear axle. 30 inch Pepboy specials.:rolleyes:

A foot of snow is nothing, plowing is a traction issue not a horsepower issue.wesport

My plowing style is to go as slow as possible, 3 - 5 mph first gear low range, works for me!!:nod:
  9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Sounds good, what year is the jeep? I didn't think the HP would be too much of an issue for doing drives, but the weight of it might be an issue for traction. But thats what I USED to think lol. Good luck with the coating.
  10. BOMBER

BOMBER Member

It's a 2000 just hit the 50,000 mile mark this week. Funny I just thought about bedlining the plow now, because I've had the interior and outside rocker panels Herculined for several years. I'm finding more and more uses for the stuff every week, LOL !!! :dizzy: