1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Spreader Maintenance

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jan 7, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just purchased a new 1.5 yard poly spreader. It says to grease the auger shaft bearing every 20 hrs. Looked at everything is fully enclosed, do you just spray grease on each end of the auger or what? Also when it says its a 1.5 yards, is that mounded or level? Sorry for all the dumb questions, but buyers tech guy wont return my calls.

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

If you turn the spreader onto its side, you will find a grease zerk at the back end of the auger. The 1.5 yd capacity is struck level with the top edges...

3. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks for your help!! Is there anyway to grease it while its still in the truck?

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Unfortunately NO, but at least it only weighs a few hundred pounds...LMAO

5. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

these spreaders can hold more then there rated at though i have a 2 yd and can mound it over 2 1/2best spreader imo