1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly? Snow Ex or Fisher? Help!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chris.Pearl, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Chris.Pearl

Chris.Pearl Junior Member

i have a 3500 dump GMC and looking to put a poly spreader in and trying to decide between snow ex and poly? any ideas and what are the best prices around the seacoast in NH?

2. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Just bought a fisher 1.5 polycaster from Donovans in NH for 3650 cash and carry. I traveled from vt to get it great price.

3. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Just purchased a new Salt Dogg poly V-Box 2000 series and used it this past Wed. and it was AWESOME !!! (Went from a SnowEx 1075 tailgate spreader). Saved my back big time. Did not buy the SnowEx due to price (and their controllers are junk) and I have several friends that have the Salt Dogg and they loved them. I paid $3000.00 out the door for mine. Installation was a breeze ! For the price and performance, I don't think you can beat the Salt Dogg. (In my opinion only)

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i just had to replace my controller on my snow ex 8000 poly. $529.00 plus tax!!!! find out if the other brand you are looking at has more reasonable replacement parts prices. we purchased a salt dogg stainless steel last year and love it. looking to replace the rest of our snow ex spreaders with the salt doggs going forward.

5. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

msu1510,,,If you or anbody else losses a controller again, buy a Karrier brand, they are bulletproof, cheaper and they can be sent back to Karrier for repairs at a reasonable cost !!! FYI