1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly sanders

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by harddock, Jan 13, 2009.

1. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

Anyone using these? Are they any good. I'm only concerned with the larger bed mounted model not the smaller tailgate ones. Are you running sand, salt, through them.
  2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

We sell a bunch of them and have had very positive feed back. Most guys are running bulk salt through them. I would, however, stay away from the conveyor type poly sanders. Seem to have a lot of problems with the conveyor belt tensioning.
  3. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i have a blizzard ice chaser poly and we love it bridges a lil when running sand salt mix 4:1 mix when its a lil damp but with a lil kick with my size 13's and shes good to go
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have the PolyCaster. It works well. I had to adjust my belt tension once, it's been fine since. You can do a search, there have been several posts recently on these.
  5. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I have a polycaster and it works great no problems running salt or salt/grit mix,never had any problems with the conveyor either,It had a viberator on it when I bought it but don't use it ever.:drinkup: