1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Plow Sticks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kenyou, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Guys! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
    Well, we got 4 inches yesterday, so I got a chance to use my Meyers 8ft Poly Plow for the first time ever to clean my gravel driveway. I have been told many times that the Poly Plow is great because the snow doesn't stick to it. The plow worked perfect but when I got done, the blade was one third full of snow from the bottom up, just like I seen on the different steel plows. Now is this normal? I don't consider this a problem, or should I?
  2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Congrats on getting the first push under your belt. Some snow will stick to your poly blade depending upon the conditions. If it's a wet snow it will more likely to stick to anything. Is this a new plow? If not then there have been small scratches worn into the poly, which will allow more snow to stick. Try coating the blade with Fluid Film (or some use Silicone spray or PAM cooking spray, but these don't last that long), that should keep the sticking to a minimum. Happy plowing!:drinkup:
  3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

I run a 8' Poly boss, and I have found that snow will stick, however, it seems like not as much as with a steel. On my plow I think it mainly sticks to the cutting edge, then builds up on to the blade. Just pick up a little fluid film, and spray the cutting edge, it even helps on the poly as well.
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I have to imagine that the plow is the same age as the truck (93). I know the people that had it and they bought it to plow their parking lots but it got too much for them and hired it out.

So now I will have to get some Fluid Film and see if the works as well as they claim it does.
    Thanks for setting me straight. Now I will go out and plow the road in my woods and see how it does there.