1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly plow shield or Paint plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bossplower, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

My plow could use painting ,but I was thinking about putting a poly plow shield on the plow instead of painting . I thought the snow might roll off better. What do you guys think?

Glue a shield on ? or Paint and wax plow ???
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

If the steel is still in great shape, paint it. If the steel has a lot of dings, gouges, bends, holes etc., paint- then glue the poly on.
  3. apkole

apkole Member

The 8' Boss on our '91 Dodge has the poly on it, as well as the 6.5' Meyer on our CJ7 driveway Jeep. The company that installed them for us welded a piece of "c" channel along the lenght of the moldboard just above the cutting edge. They set the poly into the channel and then force it to the curve of the plow. 1/4" bolts are installed about every 8" along the top to hold it in place.

They really work great - no sticky snow and low maintenance.