1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly plow question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by harleyfxdl, Feb 8, 2010.

1. harleyfxdl

harleyfxdl Junior Member

I have a 2006 F-350 SC/SB with a new Western pro-plus. After many years of running 3/4 & 1 ton trucks, I am thinking of downsizing to a 1/2 ton. I don't plan on doing any commercial plowing anymore and I am getting tired of the lousy ride & pissing blood after a long haul in the HD trucks. I plan on plowing mine and my neighbors driveways and my wifes' business lot (75'x50'). My question is has anyone tried out the Western poly plows? My local dealer seems to think they are junk and I would like to get a real opinon. I've run Meyers, Fisher and Western plows and found Western suits my tastes. Fishers are nice, but not fond of the trip action. Meyers have got to be the biggest pile of crap,(sorry to the meyers guys). So, to all the Western guys, how are the poly plows?