1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly plow edge?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by age525, Oct 31, 2014.

1. age525

age525 Junior Member

Hey everyone i'm thinking of getting a polyurethane edge for my plow since the steel one is pretty well worn. Just wondering if anyone knows of a place in NJ that sells them. I'm looking for a 7'6" blade for my Western HTS. Doesn't seem like many pole have them in that length.

Also those who have made the switch, how do you like it?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Usually shops have to order them.
    Ck with the sponcers, I'm sure they can help you out. Why not go back the steel?
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The 7.5' Fisher SD I used to run had a poly cutting edge and I hated it. It didn't scrape well and back dragging was terrible. If I had kept that plow I would have put a steel edge on it.
  4. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Try Pantano in manalapan
    CA power on 34 in matawan

I know pride landscape supply has rubber cutting edges in stock, not sure about poly.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

We put them on a couple of plows one season, just to try them. They were back off after a couple of times out. They worked good on light, fluffy lake effect snow, but anything wet or sticky, or frozen stuff... they didn't scrape worth crap.