1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly plow and paint

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by balou, Nov 2, 2011.

1. balou

balou Junior Member

hi guys im going to pick up a poly plow tonight but with theyrs the yellow is faded out

can these be painted and if so what is needed to do this properly

2. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

not sure if you can paint it with any luck getting the paint to hold I am sure you can spruce up the frame and the cutting edge though
  3. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I wonder if that Mother's Back To Black type stuff would work for bringing the color back on a poly blade.
  4. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

I have seen Rustoleum plastic paint used on kids plastic sandboxes and other toys that have faded from the sun. Does a great job and seems to hold up quite well. May want to try it. Just a suggestion.
  5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I paint my Poly Blade every year. It takes about 2 coats to get a good cover but I have never had an issue of paint peeling or flaking off. I found New Holland Yellow Semi-Gloss from TSC works really well. Gives the Yellow a nice POP!!Thumbs Up