1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly or stainless steel sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nepmgmt, Dec 21, 2007.

1. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

just wondering what people think of the newer poly with stainless steel parts and the all stainless steel ones. which do you like better i did a search and didn't come up with anything.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have an older v-box and thought about replacing it with a poly
    but what i noticed is with a poly you loose all the space in the bed
    i usually mount my box over to the drivers side and put 20 bags of cal. in the
    open space with a hand spreader and small blower. ss v-box will be in my future

JR

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I am running a 1990 smith stainless v-box. Minor repairs over the years, but people crap when I tell them its 18 years old. Cant tell by looking at it. this thing will last a long time.

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

CNY scapes.. is your an electric version? been wanting to buy the electric smith brand for last couple of years but mine just keep hangin' on

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Yes, it is the electric. I have been through a couple electric motors, but it is nice not to have to worry about a gas engine on very cold mornings.

6. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Can you spread straight sand out of the electric vboxes?