1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly moldboard polish

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lou, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Lou

Lou Member

After trying just about everything, including a Meyer recomendation, finally found a great way to keep a poly moldboard slick. I found it by going to polyeythlene polishes on a google search.

Up popped" How to store your polyeythlene kayak " They advised using Armour All. Tried it and it is holding up as if the board were new. Would have posted this sooner but wanted to see if it would hold up. Was really surprised.
  2. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

It would seem that you could use a good car wax as well. One of the good carnuba waxes. Or, like Armor All, you could just spray a silicone wax on and walk away. Wouldn't even need to rub it in. May not last as long as the good stuff, but alot easier.
  3. sledhead

sledhead Member

Ever try Pledge?
    I use it on my plastic snowmobile skis and bellypan.
    Same basic material.
    No snow or ice sticktion at all.
  4. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

I like that word.... sticktion. :)

We did have a little snow the other day but there was no sticktion. Melted as soon as it hit the ground.:(