1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly moldboard care

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SteveVB, Nov 5, 2003.

1. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

New guy. I did a search and cant find what I was looking for, so...

I'm in the process of installing my new poly plow. Ive owned a steel blade in the past, and put a coat of wax on it with my pre season check out.

Can you wax the poly plows? Is there any reason not to? Any reason to wax or add another type of coating. I know the poly keeps the snow off, but can you make it better, last longer by waxing (or coating with ?)

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im a steel blade guy myself but i would think anything you can do to make the surface slick cant hurt

john

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

go ahead and wax away. It probably wouldnt hurt to put a coat on before you put it away in the spring, if you leave it outside to help with color fade. I dont know of anybody that makes anything special to use.

4. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

I'm assuming its Polyethylene and not lexan. Either way, one of the “amorall type” plastic UV protectants is what I’d use……….
    Switch