1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Mold Board

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi everyone. I am new to this great site and plowing and this is my first plow and third Post. I just bought a 93 Chevy 2500 with a Meyers 8ft Poly plow for my own driveway. Can anyone tell me the best way to take the frozen nuts and bolts off anything that is connected to the poly mold board? I tried one and I stripped the square part of the mold board that the carriage bolt fits into. I don't know if that can be fixed or not. What I'm trying to do is to clean and lube all the nuts and bolts while it's nice out so that it won't be so I won't have this problem later in the winter if it comes to that. Maybe I can find some new bolts that I can hold with an Allen wrench when I take them off.

I was also having a frozen Pivot Pin problem but thanks to B&B, the problem was solved.

Any help would be really appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have access to air tools? I use an air powered cut off saw and saw down through the bolt and nut at the same time, thus splitting the nut in half. Then you can just tap the bolt right out..

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thanks for the come back B&B.

I do have air tools but not a cut off saw. I do have a electric one though but the disk is not very strong.

Also, do you have any recomendations for using all the bells and whistles on this site? Like which is the best PM system to use, or which settings in the Control pannel to use or to stay away from. I was also wondering if there was some setting that would notify me when one of my posts were answered.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

you will gain access to the PM feature once you have been a member of the site for 10 days and have made 10 posts...also, to change anything on your profile or to allow email notification for your posts, go to "User CP" in the upper left hand side in the gray toolbar and once you are in there you will see where you can edit your profile, signature, and other settings on the site...the email notification is within the "Edit Options" feature

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

ok where's the guy that will yell Fluid Film LOL

6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thank you. I have checked that out today and I know from other posts that I have 10days and 10 posts. I just wanted to know which PM systems seems to be the best to use. which one does most members use or does it matter?

Don't forget to pat yourselves on the back because this is one heck of a site.

7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Ok, I will settle for that. Are you volunteering:)

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

actually, posts made in the off topic, used eqiupment, test post and the announcements forum do not go towards your overall post count so you only have a post count of 8...once you gain access to the PM feature, you can simply click on the member's profile and you will see on the right hand side where it says "Send a private message to..."

9. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

OK, that's sounds good. I just thought that I might have to have something set up on my computer like Yahoo or what ever. Just trying to learn the ropes. Thankyou!