1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Liner

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by John B, Nov 28, 2006.

1. John B

John B Junior Member
    from ohio

Just about done refurbing the plow.Sandblasted,primed,painted,new decals and Pro Wings added.Just about to finish up on the Ploy Liner and I'm looking at these ugly bolts that go across the top of the blade to secure the liner.:mad:.....Any one got a better way to secure the top?Maybe an adhesive? If so what type and how long and how well has it been holding up?You just know the bolts are going to look like crap after the first year.
    Thanks in advance...
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Check with Fernalddude he has redone his plows and looks like he does a good job.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might try stainless bolts. The problem with adhesive is the surface that it is adhered to.
    Any stress and it may just pull off of the paint.
  4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Did someone say call out my name :waving: Jon we fabed a clip for the poly to slide into so replacement is a snap...

liner clip (Medium) (Medium).jpg
  5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I knew you would have an answer for him, seem pic's of your plow rehabs, anyway hopefully he read your post.