1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Edges for Sno-Way

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mklawnman, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Just wondering if anyone out there has poly edges for their Sno-Way. Last year i worked for someone who has them on his Boss plow and also on a 9ft blade for skid steer. He told me theres a link or number of the company i can call to get ahold of to order the piece. Heard its like $250 for a 12' piece.
    Plowed the first time using my 7'5" Sno-Way on my F150 truck plows nice, but when ur plowing a apartment complex at 2am, it can be a bit loud with the metal blade.
    Otherwise plowing was fun, although gotta realign the headlights on the plow, they arent that bright when driving.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Approximately $225 for urethane for your plow would be in the ballpark.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a poly edge on my 7.5' snoway. It's great. The largest benefit from the edge is exactly what you mentioned. LESS NOISE. It scrapes just as well as the steel edge I used to have. I got my edge from the snoway dealer in my area, but you could probably get a better edge and deal from someone on this site. I'd definitely do it. Nick.

4. Thanks you guys.
    Now if i can only find that site or information on how to get the poly edge. I could go up to my dealer and see if they sell them but i know they will be more expensive there than buying it direct from the company that makes them.
    Matt