1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Oak, Mar 20, 2006.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

Live in long isalnd where we get lots of slush and small storms. I also plow many residential gravel drives. Had lots of luck with the polyurethane cutting edge in fact I like it so much I won't go back to steel and do damage. Looking at used truck with Fisher plow. The plow looks way to heavy and was wondering if you can mount a u edge on the fisher trip edge system?

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Yes you can mount a poly edge to a Fisher trip edge. The 6" size works best as it still allows the edge to trip. I have run an 8" wide poly edge and the edge gets hung up on the poly when it trips. No big deal, you can chamfer the top back edge of the poly a bit so that the edge will trip properly.

3. White Oak

White Oak Member

thanks. where do you get your edges from?

4. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I use Polar edges, imo they are the best. Email me your contact info and I'll get you in touch with the polar rep. JohnBanks@JBanks.net