1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly edge on a Daniels pull plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TLK380, Dec 19, 2011.

1. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Is anybody using a poly edge on a Daniels pull plow ?

2. We have it on one and it works well

3. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Thanks R&R. I will call fallLine and get pricing tomorrow.
    I love the Daniels pull plow but not so much the scraping noise.

4. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

can you post pics of the poly edge? and where did you get it? thanks

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

subscribed

6. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Does the poly last longer than the steel?

7. A lot longer. I have a 6inch edge when new and now about 5.25 left used it for a year and a half it does about 300 drives at condos. Now its urathane not hard poly. I wanted it to give alittle. I will try a true poly on the next one. But it cleans better then steel because it flexed.

8. TLK380

TLK380 Member

I spoke to Brent at FallLine today.He was very helpful.
    He suggested that we use 1 1/2" poly edge if we using the pull plow for commercial lots.
    You can order a 10' piece but you have to drill your own holes before installation.
    Poly edges are safe on pavers, stamped concrete, blacktop.
    Also less noise and less vibration on the truck.
    I hope this was helpful for everyone.

9. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I also am going to be using poly on my pull plow when I get everything working correctly. For those of you guys with a Daniels pull plow. Can you please post an image of your pump and how it is wired. I am having trouble getting mine to work properly, and cannot remember where all the wiring goes.

10. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Canit you go to daniels web site and download their install instructions. If not I am getting one next week and can see what paper work comes with.
    Whats price of 10' peice of poly going for? Does anyone have any pics of one?

11. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

I look at fallline and a 90"x1.5"x6" was over $300.00. I think for that price I will run the steel. Unless anyone else knows of cheaper poly edges????????????

12. Go look at cuttingedgepoly.com.

13. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

For those of you that are going to run Poly on the Daniles Pull Plows I have a question. Do you plan on just running a straight piece along the back side of the moldboard or do you plan on making a 90 degree bend to continue down the Side's & if your going to do the Sides too how do you plan on bending a 1 1/2" thick pc of poly

14. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

John...The poly edges are installed in three pieces..
    Russ... Your edge was aprox 5 inches to start with so I guess it's wearing well..
    TLK380... A 1.5 thick edge is not needed on your pull plow, a 1 inch thick edge will work just fine for you not matter what type of lot your plowing..
    If your interested in more info let me know..

:rolleyes: John...

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

John, thinking of running poly for my next edges. Is it necessary to brace the corners together so the back edge doesn't pull away from the side pieces? Also, is it a good idea to round the front corners of the side pieces like the steel edges are? Thanks.

16. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

No you will not have to add anything to the corners if installed correctly.
    I don't round the corners on the side edges, really no need as you will not be scraping the pavement with the blade any longer..
    :rolleyes: John...

17. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

18. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Anyone ever make the height taller, say use a 10" or 12" wide piece which would raise the height of the box of the pull plow and also make it hold more snow? I have plenty of height on the truck to do this because it is lifted 2" over stock and my hitch is mounted to the truck frame a little higher than the regular under- bumper mounted hitch.

19. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Did you figure out the problem? I had a valve that was stuck which prevented it from going up. Took the valve out, freed it up and solved the problem.

20. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

No I am still waiting on some info of where the wiring goes. Didn't want to screw around with it and blow it up by placing the wires on the wrong terminal. Can you post a picture of how you have yours wired?