1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Edge mounting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Oct 31, 2006.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

From all the poly edge manufacturers websites I've been to, it says that the edge should not hang down below the moldboard more than its thickness. So if you have a 1.5" thick poly edge, it shouldn't be hanging in the breeze more than 1.5". For those of you who run poly edges, what do you feel about this? I'm getting ready to put on an edge that will be hanging down quite a bit unless I do some modification to the plow. How much do your edges hang down, and have you had any breaking issues if you hang them down too much? Thanks, Nick.
  2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Nick why are you putting a poly edge on your plow...I was thinking the same...to make it less agressive on dirt driveways.
    I-1/2" seems about right to me...You may want to consider redrilling the u edge holes instead of the mole bord...just a thought.
    Let us know how its turning out .
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've been running a u edge for a while. I like the reduced stress on the truck and it creates a lot less noise. I'm getting a blank 1.5"x11"x10' piece, so I can make it whatever I want it to be. I think I'm going to end up with more like 2.25" overhang, which may be a bit much. I'd hate to ruin an expensive piece of poly.