1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly cutting edges

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by trying to make, Dec 18, 2004.

1. trying to make

trying to make Member

never used a poly cutting edge,however I have 170 concrete driveways to plow.No steel blades are allowed to be dropped on them.so my choices are poly or rubber.want to go with poly.but only know 1 place that sells them.AND THAT IS RUBBER CAL.I know other people make em,where do you all get yopurs how thick do you suggest I get.by the way I have a brand new 8 ft boss with full mold bar tilt mounted on a 87 k-5 blazer.Any help will be appreciated thanks all

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Big Nate sells the rubber edges.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I would go poly for more scraping power and better life too. Rubber is marginal at best.

4. wls

wls Senior Member

who sells the poly on here? Is it also called urethane?

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

6. trying to make

trying to make Member

thanks for any and all input.I just ordered 1 through Dino.price was cheaper for his 1 and a half inch thick edge over an inch thich edge that I was looking at.the other place was not abel to ship it until after new years,Dino said he would ship it tommorow.looking forward to receiving it.I f you read this Dino thanks for all the info. Just trying to make a buck

7. trying to make

trying to make Member

today is december 22,04.received my cutting edge a day early.will isstall on sunday.hope we get snow soon.

8. wls

wls Senior Member

do you have a web address to the place where you got your edge.

9. trying to make

trying to make Member

no I dont.however I have a phone #.860-608-1842. ask 4 Dino.i got mine in 3 days.My edge came with no holes drilled and 9 foot long.Easy to cut easy to drill.1 and a half inches thick and a lot cheaper than 1 inch thick edges I found on the internet.

10. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Trying to make: I have heard conficting reports on U edges. I hear they are great on virgin snow but are not effective if someone drives over the snow befor you plow. I was considering using as I have a couple areas of pavers but the lots are large commercial lots and I mostly concerned about moving as much snow as cleanly as possible. Let me know how your edge works. Also if you can backdrag with it. Thanks.

11. trying to make

trying to make Member

the poly edge is not working at all where I live.either is the steel edge.putting a wooden edge on will work just as well since we are not getting any snow or paydays.

12. trying to make

trying to make Member

Man this wooden edge is working great.Not a drop of snow on any of my properties.will make to fit any plow.put orders in quick sure there will be a lot of calls dont want yours on back order.
    Man I am bored. (1 800 wood bla).