1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poly cutting edge

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fci, Dec 29, 2008.

1. fci

fci Senior Member

Has anyone used a poly cutting edge on a 810 . I'm wondering how well they work and how much longer they last?
  2. muskoka sandman

muskoka sandman Junior Member

I bought a 2-year old 810 that came with a 1-inch thick rubber edge that worked good for the first 2 or 3 times as it would not dig into the gravel or the lawns. The bad thing about that is it left alot of buildup of ice. After everything was frozen I switched it to a steel edge so it would cut the ice a little better.
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I've tried poly on my blowers. I don't know which gets chewed up faster, the snow or the poly.
    I know some people can't stand the marks left by metal, but the poly isn't worth it.
  4. fci

fci Senior Member

Thanks for input guys
  5. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Polar edges

I ran the polar edges from blizzard when I first bought my 810. I liked them a lot, the only bad thing was scraping hard pack or real slushy snow. I got 3 pushes short of 3 seasons with them. Only reason I am running my steel is that the new ones know cost over $800. However I don't think my steel edges will get me through 3/4 of this season. Only have 1.5in left on only 9 pushes. WTF my wing edges are useless. I need to get to Jerry's and get some carbides.
  6. fci

fci Senior Member

Thats what i am dealing with I only get one season out of a cutting edge. That starts to get expensive because I have 3 810's. I even tried using the shoes once but wore them down after a 6" snow fall. Well I am going to try one, if I can get 3 years out of one that would be good.
  7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

about 400 hrs give or take on the last set I ran on gravel roads and rough pavement. Quiet and you can push the speeds up quite a bit if you decide to.

As far as the steel edges. With the winter carbide additions they will last 2 to 3 times longer than the stock edges and still weight less than a set of U edges will.

8. fci

fci Senior Member

What are winter carbide additions? I haven't heard of them.
  9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  10. fci

fci Senior Member

Thanks for the info Jerre