1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly bucket edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Italiano67, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Does anyone know of a poly bucket edge for use with skidsteer snow buckets? A condo complex doesnt want any damage to their pavement and i want to stick to using a snow bucket.

2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Not sure if there are any made. You could look for a piece of thick Lexan/ polycarbonate and make it yourself. The steel edges usually don't do damage unless it is severely uneven where the bucket edge can get underneath and peel it up....

3. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I'm sure if it 100% true or not but I was told by a dealer who sells u-edges that it would wear down very quickly because of the downpresure. Maybe look at a snow pusher with a rubber edge.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I vote protech. Those poly edges are really for clean up.

5. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

ive had that problem in the past too, the homeowner assoc. diddnt weant to damage the driveways, and ended up breaking the polyurethane edge after hitting a packed down icy spot on the drive on a backdrag

now we put a power angle plow made for the bobcat on with a rubber edge, does a nice job, you drive in, go up to the garage door and backdrag the snow all the way to the street, then plow it into the curb, it handles the downpressure nicely, and went all year on one edge....granted we had only 4 plowable storms but...the association is 120 single and 117 carriage homes with 40 by 25 foot driveways....most of the time youre ok as long as youre the one in the bobcat and youre always backdragging

now if there was only some way to not hit garage doors

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

stuff happens

Was it you or one of your hired hands

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  7. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

nah it was a hired hand....mexican foreman....tried to deny it and had to investigate and the plow matched the height of the dent perfect then admitted it was him...no big deal i replaced the bottom 2 panels myself for a little under 350 dollars...i was happier he finally admitted to it so i knew it was us and diddnt have to fight with the homeowner/hoa about who did it...cause sometimes it does happen, we cut the lawns there and people will call saying the landscapers stole their garden gnomes, drove across the driveway and cracked it, are making their stucco turn brown with the mowers (when its iron-rich water from the sprinkl;er systems turning the houses brown) so we have to defend ourselves a lot from 300-something very very very stuck up homeowners

one time though i took out a stoop haha, went to swing around and went a little quick with the bucket too close to the ground and took a square chunk out of a concrete pad in front of a front door, cost me a lot of aggrevation and about 400 bucks, and that was me mixing the concrete by hand..so i learned my lession, in snow take your good old time