1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly Blade Shields

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Mar 26, 2009.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

2. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Boy does this place slow down when the snow stops flying.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My friend just did his this winter with it. He's happy with considering what his moldboard looks like. He ended putting bolt at the end to hold it better the caulk didn't work great.
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I put one of those skins on old Western on my skidloader this fall. It worked preatty well, snow rolls off alot beter, considering it only goes 12 mph. A couple thing to keep in mind though, You have to drill like 12 - 1/4 " holes in the top of your blade, the caulk didn't seal well for me, & I can only imagine how fast the blade will rot with moisture sanwidged between.
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I bought one this season to do a quick hole repair, but went to welding instead. Going to install in this summer. Heard nothing but good stuff and the caulking is inadequate. I plan to drill and pop rivet the edges too. I am also thinking about roll on bed linering the moldboard behind the poly shield for rust protection.