1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poly blade on sd fisher plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by buckshot464, Feb 25, 2010.

1. buckshot464

buckshot464 Junior Member
    from Vermont

I just ordered a new sd fisher plow for my tundra, I was wondering what everyones experiences are with the poly blade has been? Good and Bad? It has me concerned!
  2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

My last plow was an 8' Meyer Poly. I plow a lot of dirt areas and the Poly got scratched very deep and the snow would stick to the plow real bad, even after polishing. I went with a SS blade this time.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When did they start offering a poly blade on an SD? Do you mean the cutting edge?
  4. buckshot464

from Vermont

Thanks for the replies, I was talking about the poly cutting blade, I should have looked around and did some searches when I found the site. Lots of information on here.
    proud new owner of a fisher
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a 7.5' SD for my 2010 Tundra. I realy like it. I have had good luck with the poly cutting edge, but I have only plowed 2 storms with it. It seams to scrape just as good a steel cutting edge. Good luck with your new plow and Tundra. What year is your Tundra?
  6. buckshot464

from Vermont

My tundra is and 07 got it when they first came out. nock on wood, not one problem!