1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poll: Pro Wings or Turk-key Wings?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tim975, Nov 15, 2004.

Pro Wings or Turk-key Wings?

1. Pro Wings

12 vote(s)
  2. Turk-key Wings

4 vote(s)
  1. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm considering getting a set of wings, but not sure which one. I have a few parking lots that require long passes, and wings would be perfect for that. I've done my homework here, and both have their pro's and con's. Based on your previous experience, which do you like better?
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

TIM............For me Turkey Wings fit the bill. The pros make your blade wider but I have to plow narrow bank drive thru lanes. So for me a box type set up is needed. The Pros or other brands would be too wide to fit thru the lanes.

I also have the looooong push from front to out back on my "T" shaped lot so I needed wings of some kind.

Another plus on the Turkeys is the easy on and off...........Plus they trip with the blade and NO edge to wear out.......All steel !!!!!!!

Good luck with any brand you buy. They are all great...Just depends on your application...............geo :drinkup:
  3. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey sonjaab, I can see your point where plow width would be a concern, especially in your case. Luckily for me I have mainly wide open lots, so width wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm kinda leaning toward the Pro Wings.
  4. sonjaab

TIM..........I hear ya. If you have wide open pushing the Pros will work fine.
    There are a few different kinds of wings.

Keep us posted on which kind you get and post pics too !.......geo :drinkup:
  5. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

What type and size is your plow?
  6. sonjaab

TONY.....We both have 7/6 Western straight blades.

The slack chains of my Turkeys can be adjusted so my wings stick out
    some instead of perfectly square so I can get a 8 ft. path............

The Pros and other brands stick out even further to get a wider path.

But for me the Turkeys fit my needs.............

All of those wings windrow like CRAZY on a good long push................
    I would remove one just to windrow loong pushes with NO spill over on the
    other side.

A MUST for anybody running a straight blade and doing long pushes !

...........geo :drinkup:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Why don' cha just get yourself a set of both? They're both removable. Go from pusher box to superplow and put the ones you're not using in the bed? Cost would be about, what, $400.00?
    If cost is an issue, fab up a set of Turkey-Wings. Save yourself $300.00. A thought.
  8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We've been using Pro Wings for many season now and have not had any trouble. Some drive-thrus are tight but very rarely do we need to unclip them. For our money, it's PRO WINGS.

We have them on five of our Meyer plows and wouldn't change.

However, check with your state because some states have a maximum width of nine feet on a plow. ie MI
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  9. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

thats good

I prefer the Pro wings, I had inquired about the size because it is not recommended to use pro wings on Western 8-1/2', or any 9' or 10' plows, except for Meyer 9'. If it is a six or seven then Pro wings are the way to go!!!!!