1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poll of Prefered Bidding Technique.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MileHigh, Oct 18, 2010.

?

Your prefered bidding/billing techniques.

Poll closed Aug 14, 2012.
  1. Per Occurence

40.5%
  2. Per Event

28.6%
  3. Seasonal

38.1%
  4. Hourly

14.3%
  5. I bill out in cases of beer.

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Vote on your preferred ways of bidding and billing out? You can choose more than one. Explain if you want

I used to be an hourly kinda guy..But know that I have a mixture of accounts..I realize that on the non-hourly accounts I will be making MUCH more hourly that I could get away billing out for on paper. I just submitted 20 seasonal bids...and realize that with steady income coming in during the winter months would be freaking PRICELESS....wouldn't even matter if we got a heavy year...it still would be covered...just hope the bids go through.

ussmileyflag

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Crap I accidently Clicked hourly

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

all we do is seasonal

4. dumbyankee

dumbyankee Member

I didnt know we could bill out for BEER.

5. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

we have a mix btwn hourly, per visit and seasonal. but more per visit than the other two.

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

So far your the only one! lol I hate hourly bids... They go for cheap. I like "per push" bids.

7. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

For Beer! hahaha:drinkup:

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i like hourly, some of the contracts we have that we do hourly have been great money makers, hourly with a retainer is the best

9. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

I do it all.

10. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

I was a little premature with the post button. I have 4 clients that pay me monthly. I love it my mortgage and insurnce are coverd no matter what. I treat these cleints like kings and they know it. I have about the 5 clients that pay me $75 per push I can make around 2 hunderd dollars per hour. I love these guys becaues I know I can make just under 2 hunderd dollars an hour with these guys. I am a subcontractor for a very large landscaping company and I work per hour for them. I also work for another HOA and am per hour for them. I bidd contracts based on what the costumer wants. I am usually on the high end of most bids but the clients are willing to pay for it. I feel that having the a mixture of pay rates is the best way to stay financial solvent.

Thank you
    Justin

11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We bill just like we bid, 0-4, 4-8 etc etc.