1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poll. Front end of new SuperDutys

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fordistough, Dec 3, 2006.

?

What Front-end would you put on the new SuperDuty?

1. Solid Axle, with Leaf Springs

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Solid Axle, with Coil Springs

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. Independant axles, With Coil Springs

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Independant axles, with Double-Wishbone system (Chev)

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hi everybody, Just a little Ford Poll. The question is If you were to design the 08 SuperDuty, What would you set up the front end like?

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont really mind the new Fords, but GM made the new trucks look fugly.....:cry:

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

solid axle with leaf springs. simple to work on simple to use and thats the one thing i do actually like about the fords, you can still get a solid front axle. chevys and their damn cushy loving butts

4. starc

starc Senior Member

I think the solid front axel with leafs is best...I've only ever owned ford trucks and would never switch to any other brand. Buddy of mine is a chev nut and he's always fixing something...

5. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

For a plow truck give me a solid Axel with leaf springs, but for an everyday truck to do mowing and a personal truck I like the Chevy independent axle with the wishbone.

6. Fordistough

from USA

A-MEN!!!!! Just had to hear it from you guys. I just hope the suits at Ford are listening to this. I hope they never go to the IFS. I was mad enough when they went to the friggin coil springs. Bunch of wussies they got running the show over there. I guess its all those stupid pansy country singer truck-driver wannabees doing all their advertisements. Unbelievable.

-Thann

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our 06 rides great even with a 1,000lb plow hanging of it. IMO the best set up is a solid axle w/coil springs, just as strong as leaf springs and rides better.

8. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

'cept ya wind up with radius arms whose bushings need replaced twice a year.

Do you want to trade ride for twice the maintenance and twice the tires?

Fine, go with coils and radius arms!

9. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

right on fellow ford brother.:realmad: :salute:

10. Fordistough

from USA

Am I Right Or Am I Right????????

11. Fordistough

from USA

By the way, Did they put coils on the '08 does anyone know?

12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

At first glance I thought you were reffering to the front sheet metal. and my answer to that is Redesign the 07 not to be so BUTT UGLY!

I still like the tried and true solid axle and leaf springs, by far the best set-up for "REAL TRUCKS"!

Jay

13. Fordistough

from USA

I always thought that if you stick with a design that is most similar to a Mack truck (The Daddy of all work trucks) then that is going to tell you what system is going to be rugged enough for more than any other system. Another thing is that the solid axle and leaf springs have been proven with the test of time.

Just my 2.5 cents.

14. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

yeah true stupid control arms...theyll squeek like a motel bed after awhile, they do ride nice and turn super tight now, but id stick with the leaves, a little stiffer ride but worth it in the long run

15. econolinerick

econolinerick Junior Member

Hey! When will Ford offer a mower deck???