1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

polish ss

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by durafish, Mar 30, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Just got my X-blade and it could use some polishing, what do you suggest? some type of steel wool or just like ss appliance cleaner?
    thanks

2. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

Did you just get it brand new, or did you plow with it all this season? I usually clean mine at the end of each year using a maroon 3M pad lightly, make sure that you go with the grain. Then I spray it with windex to give it a shine. I just recently picked up some never dull as well as some flitz ploish for my aluminum body on my truck. My blade has not been bad enough to use those two things on it

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Its used and a bit dull. Ill try what you said maybe the never dull will really make it shine.
    Thanks

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Check out your local big rig shop. They'll know the best stuff for sure

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I just ordered some stuff for mine im takin the skin off and cleanin it before i put it away. The rust stains on the back drive me nuts. Ill post some pics up when i do it.

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Yea i just ordered flitz polish and there lime remover and stainless spray wax.

7. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I just plow snow with mine, really does shine about midway thru the season.