1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 with Moose plow & Winch

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Apr 30, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

2000 Polaris 500 Sportsman 4 wheeler for sale. It is an automatic with reverse, 4wd, etc. It comes with a Polaris/Warn winch and a Moose snowplow. Runs/rides/plows excellent. 4wd works great, as well as hi/lo/rev. I have maint. records and receipts pretty much since new, all dealer maintained.....over $4k worth. It has roughly 400 hours and 2k miles on the machine with a recent top end rebuild. I just recently lost spark, replaced the coil, and it turned out being the stator......a $500 fix, picked it up yesterday. I bought it about 2 months ago and it lost spark shortly after. I changed my plans and now just want to recoup most of my investment.

I had it up to 53mph on an open road here.

This is a working quad, not a show piece, so keep that in mind.

Pics will be up shortly.

$3,400

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I will admit those sportsman's are very good quads

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Pictures please!

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here ya go:

Don't have any with the plow assy on, but picture a yellow 4' Moose plow in front of it: )

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Looks nice and clean someone will get a good quad!

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks. It was raining in the pics. It's a straight up machine for sure, but has nicks and scratches and stuff from going through the brush, details you can't really see in the pics. I'm honest & just want everyone to know that like I said in the original post.....it's a working quad, not some trailer queen! : )

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If I give you $3500 for it, does it come with the white dmax in the background? :)

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

HAHAHA I fixed it for ya Mark, you forgot a ZERO!!! : )

So to answer now that it's fixed......Yes, and I'll even deliver it with a big bow on the roof!

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And to add, yesterday I wound it out on a backroad here to check top speed again and hit 58 this time. Could probably get 60 if there was enough room. Not that speed like that is the least bit necessary on one of these, let alone plowing snow. I'm just surprised for such a big machine, especially a 4x4 auto.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Dont be surprised lol. My green one with oversized tires will do 55 and the red one I have will do about 57-58. I think my red one will do 60 to be honest but it is scarey getting it to go that fast because the way the rpm's sound haha. And mine are autos too. and 55 on my green one was with the rev limiter popping. I think you will get what you are asking for that sportsman. put it on craigslist it will go.