1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

polaris plow parts?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kelly67, Jan 2, 2010.

1. kelly67

kelly67 Junior Member

Hi a friend of mine has a 04 500 with a quick mount polaris plow on it. he broke a piece off the plow where you pivot the blade an the lock slides into the slot. he broke the slot part off. a polaris dealer is trying to tell him he cant buy just that piece he has to buy the whole thing. has anyone else had ths happen? he welded it temporaly to get going again buts he wants a permanent fix thats not going to cost $200.00 i checked the internet but couldn't find a site that sold parts

2. LarryK

LarryK Junior Member

picked up a whole plow for $50.00 for my 550 HO. It looked as though somebody ran the right side in to a power pole. Anyway it toke me 3 days to bend the blade and the attachment pieces back into shape. But when it was all said and done the lock arm was sheared off the slot piece was a little bent. If you're discribing the piece with the slots you friend going to have to pay out. I he can't find a new piece to weld on, But if it's the locking arm, I made my oun out off a wrench.

3. tinkenboutit

tinkenboutit Junior Member
    from zone 5

For that kind of bread, I'd just put an actuator on it. If I'm understanding you correctly.

4. kelly67

kelly67 Junior Member

he welded a piece on it quick to get going again and will do a better weld in the spring