1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris or John Deere

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Drewster2012, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Drewster2012

Drewster2012 Senior Member
    from Ma

I Need to make a decision soon. full size polaris diesel with cab and a poly straight boss plow, or like a John Deere 825i. not so familular about the deer so if u guys who own one please let me know. cant seem to find a cab option for the deer but im just not looking close enoguth

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

those deeere front ends do not look like they can hold much weight i would get the diesel polaris

3. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Place I was working had an 825i setup as a sidewalk machine with Vbox and Straight blade. Pretty solid machine and did it's job well. I didn't notice too many issues with front end sag but we had the JD 5' blade.
    Only major issues we had were water getting in the turn signals and killing them fairly regularly and if you play with it in the summer take the plow mount off or you will end up bending the piss out of it.

Operators also complained about the lack of power steering. I believe that's an option now and I highly recommend it.

They also had a diesel setup the same. Thing was a dog.

here's a pic of it. Seems I only have pics of it in summer dress.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013