1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris Glacier II Plow Blade

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by a12, Oct 10, 2009.

1. a12

a12 Junior Member

I was wondering what everyone uses for a plow edge. Did you keep the factory steel edge or did you replace it with something different? Also, where can I get the rubber deflector strip that mounts on top of the plow - Polaris or aftermarket? Any comments appreciated.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Poly is the only way to go, never wears, running going 7 years and still purfect!:D:D:D
  3. a12

a12 Junior Member

Where's the best place to pick up a poly edge? Also, how about the rubber flap for the top? So far, JC Whitney seems to have good prices.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have an Arctic Cat plow and I left my steel cutting edge on it. It works real good on dirt, but I have neber tried it on tar.
  5. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Which plow do you have? The straight plow, county, or the razor style?

6. a12

a12 Junior Member

Straight plow.
  7. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

I went to lowes and bought a steel plate, and it works 100 % better than the factory blade

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Conveyor belt for the top deflector!!! If plowing on gravel go steel concrete or asphalt then poly!!
  9. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

How does the poly do one hard snow? Does it scrape down very well?
  10. wdman1

wdman1 Junior Member
    from iowa

plow edge

i just got some flat stalk 3/8 thick so it want wear out as fast. for the rubber top just cut a simi mud flap in half
  11. a12

a12 Junior Member

I ended up buying the Warn poly wear bar. Cut it to size, drilled some new holes and installed it last weekend. Can't wait to see how it wears and if the Glacier II scrapes right down to the pavement or not. Waiting for the Warn rubber flap to come in for the top of the plow.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009