1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris Brutus w/pto

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wislxer, May 21, 2013.

1. wislxer

wislxer Member

Pretty cool. The HD pro comes in at $23,999 which, considering the price of a regular Ranger with a cab, doesn't seem too bad. You could do a lot year round with this thing.

Now I'm not gonna compare a Ranger to a Toolcat but at about 50% of the price of a new TC it might be a worthwhile option for some people looking for a machine with the versatility and road speed of a TC. Apparently this is some joint venture with Bobcat as they are making the implements for it. Just figured I'd pass it along after I searched and saw that no one else had.

Edit: Just thought watching the vid again, has Bobcat already been making these things? Did their UTVs have PTOs?
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Bobcat just came out with their re branded Polaris and didn't even have pricing out the other week when I talked to my dealer
  3. wislxer

wislxer Member

Well seems like you can build one on the Polaris website. 24hp sounds a little low but maybe with the implements being pto driven it will be sufficient. Triple are you looking at one?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I doubt TripleL will have one.
    He might have three. But not one
    By the time he is 30 he will have a dealership. :)
  5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Sort of, I did look at the Bobcat version when it came out and it was too wide for my sidewalks.

Probably more reliable than the Gator XUV though.
  6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I think it's cool, and about half the price of a bobcat tool cat.
  7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on that comment
  8. wislxer

wislxer Member

$21,900 at my local dealer in MN. And it's HD PTO not HD Pro..... duh.
  9. mattfromomaha

mattfromomaha Junior Member
    from na

I'll be really curious to hear how these things handle snow blowing. There are a couple videos on YouTube - one looks like it only moves the snow 10 feet and another looks like it throws it 40. Could be really heavy wet snow in the one, but some real world reviews will be great. The ToolCat is a great machine but at half the price this will do nearly all the same things as long as you don't need your loader higher than 36" or so. The top speed of 30MPH is nice too!
  10. wislxer

wislxer Member