1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris and my 1st big snow this morning!!!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Sobie2, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Sobie2

Sobie2 Junior Member
    from Alaska

Got 8" of heavy wet snow overnight. 1st real now for my brand new 2007 Polaris 800 Sportsman and I believe 60" (maybe 54") Country Style plow. I've got about a 900' long uphill steep driveway.

How did it do? Awesome. At first I had the plow on the 1st hole off center and I the snow wasn't moving over, so I had to crank the plow all the way over to the 2nd hole off center and then the snow was flying!!!

I had power and traction (stock tires) on snow that compacts and turns slick even plowing uphill. I am happy but and looking to get a set of ATV super stud v-bar chains for the ice.

I don't know how a smaller ATV would handle the type of snow we have here in Coastal Southeast AK, but I am happy with the 800.

Sobie2

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm glad to here that you had good luck with your ATV and plow. But I do think a 500 could handle 8'' of heavy snow.

3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

how bout some cool tracks for that polaris

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

for the price of tracks id buy another quad and plow tandem imo, it snowed lastnight , so now i have to test my buggy.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

pics?......