1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

polaris 700 efi

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by blazer2plower, Nov 26, 2011.

1. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

What are your thoughts on. This guy I know is selling his it is an 05 with less than 100 hours on it. It has sat for 5 years. I thank he is
    scared of it he rolled it and it has sat. I know all the fluids will need changed and a battery . On the plus side it has a warn on it.
    what do you thank will be a good price. The finder will need fixed that I can weld thanks

Dave

2. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

It would be a great machine for plowing snow and they are a great all around machine. Plenty of power for pushing snow and other chores through out the year.

3. blazer2plower

What do you thank I should offer him for it I don't want to hurt his feelings only because he trades his mowers in every 3-4 years.
    and I dont want to lose his business his mowers sell fast and I get a good amount for them :-o

4. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

When he trades his mowers in, what do you give him? Book value, more than book value? Consider doing the same for his quad if it's in good shape, or go a little above book value and show him the numbers.

5. blazer2plower

Just about book a littel over.thanks I didnot thank of that . Thanks Dave T

Dave

6. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Its been rolled and needs repair.

Offer book less cost of getting it back in operation.
    Include labor in your estimate for repairs.

7. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Yea, I didn't notice the "rolled" part. I've got to learn to read "everything". LOL

I'd just pass on it. No telling what it will need.

8. blazer2plower

I thank the more I thank about it. I am going to walk a way I dont need the headake down the road at 3am. Im just going to get on at
    the dealer. I do like the 500 it should be all I need for sidewalks thanks for the help.

I do love my Z
    Dave

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Really a rolled quad if fine fix her up

10. blazer2plower

Im going to call him tomorrow and ask him how bad it is if it bad im walking if not im going to make an offer

I do love my Z
    Dave

11. blazer2plower

I went and looked at to day at lunch. It's not bad it looks all right. Not bent just the plastic fender's are cracked and the front box.
    im thanking 2500 is that to high or on the ball park?

I do love my Z just not know

12. boatmehcanic

boatmehcanic Junior Member
    from Iowa

I would think at $2500 that would be a steal.

13. blazer2plower

Thats what I thank :) im going to talk to him tonight

I do love my Z

14. blazer2plower

Well I guss some people want to hold on to there stuff. I asked him how much he would take for it he gave me a heart a tack 4500.
    as is I told him it was not worth that as it sits I can get a 500 for 600 dollers more.

15. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

If the roll only caused a couple cosmetic issues, he's not too far off, at least by my standards.

Why would you want to pay $600 more for 200 less cc's and carbs instead of EFI? Or are you talking a new one here?

A little roll that only cracks the plastic in a couple spots to a quad is not a big deal. Check out the handle bars for scuffs and bends. What type of terrain was it rolled in? If something like his back lawn than this thing is probably perfectly fine and deserves a good home where it will be used. I wouldn't be worried about it except to talk the price down a bit. If you are worried and want it, take it to the Polaris shop in your area and have them check it out. They can probably weld that plastic back together for you too.

I'd offer the guy 3k to start, stating the roll and sitting for 5 years so needs fluids/filters, and be happy anywhere under 4k. That would be a great deal in my opinion for that low of usage.

16. blazer2plower

I under stand what you are saying. It has been sitting for 5 years and yes I can weld the plastic its going to need new skins and all the
    fluids changed. I guss what I am concerned is that the inside may or may not have rust from sitting so long. Im going to think on it and talk to a dealer what he thinks. Thanks for all the in but guys

I love my Z just not now

17. SportsmanJay

SportsmanJay Member

I paid $4000 for my 04 Sportsman 700efi with a polaris 60" plow and warn winch fall of 2010... Had about 80 hrs on it, and also came with aftermarket front and rear bumpers. It's an incredible machine for pushing snow, I strapped a hardened 80 pound bag of concrete on the rear rack and modified my blade to 70". Never spun a tire yet, and I've pushed a lot of snow! I would think nothing over $3000 going on what you've described, but hey, what do I know.....

18. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

He's out of his mind! The book "trade in value" is $2680 in good shape... not rolled.

Here's the link...

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/trade-in/2005/polaris/sportsman-700-efi-4x4/74893/

19. blazer2plower

I talked to the dealer he . Told me the pro's and con's of one thats been.sitting for that long. Im going to walk on this one 500 is all I need to push snow and have play time to 500 will run me around 6000 with out the winch an rt30 and a blade im looking at no more than 1500 out the door. Thanks for all the help guy's.

I love my Z just not now

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I had 500 now have the 800 its like nite and day difference the 500 was under power and cold nature I was lucky get it started when was cold out never push snow with it mostly check cattle