1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polaris 400

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by plowingkid35, Nov 20, 2010.

1. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

traded mowing for a 1996 polaris 400 explorer with brand new plow good deal? anybody use this for plowing? i have about 30 places i clear

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

it will work for what ya want, just plow with the storm

3. plowingkid35

alright thanks, im working on finding a plow for my f250 but not finding anything i really like gotta get a good deal on one for me to be sticking money into that truck

4. tcfirerescue13

tcfirerescue13 Junior Member

i plow with my sportsman 400 and the thing is a tank in the snow. just make sure you add weight to the rear and possibly some chains and it will make it unstoppable

5. plowingkid35

ya i actually got the chance to plow with it earlier this year, i get sketchy about putting chains on it because i got some driveways that are freshly tarred this summer and get nervous about tearing it up, but have you done anything to the front suspension of your sportsman?

6. tcfirerescue13

tcfirerescue13 Junior Member

all i did was add the polaris suspension spacers so the front end doesnt drop as far when the plow is lifted. if i had the money i would just add heavier duty springs

7. plowingkid35

ok ya we will have to see what happens here we are predicted to get a pretty good dumping here tomorrow night so i wil see how it handles the snow...