1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polar Tread!!! Finally got to see and touch!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Well went over to Midwest Equipment today and saw these in the warehouse. Very cool! Cant believe how many sets they had! There has been a lot of talk about them so I thought I would post some pics.

polartread1.jpg

polartread2.jpg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Cool!....I'm getting excited to try mine out.

3. Mike S

Snocrete did you buy a set?

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yes, $2500 OTD & installed. Waiting till last minute to have em put on. Its not a big deal really to switch out a set of tracks, but it was part of the deal....and it gives me an accuse to go to the dealer and bs with the guys there.

FWIW, they are going on a T190 RS w/8ft pusher. I will have a 10fter on the same property this year for a larger machine, but on a lighter snow will try the 10 on the 190 just to see how it handles it.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

BS with guys, or find more sh!t to buy!!:D

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

:eek:.....that sounds like what my wife would say.....:p

My local dealership has a great bunch of guys. Also, one of the mechanics used to be a cook/chef, and the salesman his a connoisseur of fine foods(large man:D)....lunch time can occasionally be a good hour to show up. I will make it a point to call ahead of time and ask if there will be anything I can bring;)

7. Mike S

Ya thats what MWE was telling me that there price either included shipping or install. I bet the 190 will handle the 10 footer. I wanted to buy a set next month but blew a final drive and pump instead so that kind of hurt the track budget.

8. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I was just over there monday and bought the solideal lifemaster tires. Best price on tires ive found. The tires I got were 2250.00 elsewhere installed. 990 out the door. There brochure showed 5 dots for snow.. Looks like they just got those polars in

9. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

I need a new set of tracks for my CAT soon, and im really interested in the Polar Tracks, but i dont want to buy 2 sets. Can the polar tracks be used in the summer? The machine they'd be on is mainly used for brush hogging and some dirt work.

So has anybody used them in the summer?

10. Mike S

They say they will work good in the summer but its a softer rubber. They where saying use the tracks in the winter for two seasons and at the end of the second season keep them on and use them in the summer. Sound like you can get two or three winters out of the track before the grooves are worn down. Once the grooves are gone you still have a pad left so it should work pretty good. My plan is to keep the tracks I have now around and switch back and fourth. I think I will be able to get three more years out of the ones I have now and hope to get 3 winters out of the polar tread. That will put me 3 time over the life span I use to have on just one set.

Scottscape I saw those tires they looked pretty sweet! Again I could not believe there prices! Best deal in town is right! My parts for my final drive are coming from them and no one can even get close to thier price. I think they are going to be a big deal! LOL

11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

oh I know. i got a sharp piece of steel in one today (clearing project). I took it over there because the bead tore when it popped off the rim. they told me no problem and replaced it.. didn't even charge me. good guys!

12. Mike S

Good deal! You cant beat that!

13. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Mike, you said ask for "uncle bob" when I order mine didnt you? I'll tell the guy I know you...or is that going to hurt me? :D lol

14. Mike S

Well tomorrow morning polar tread are going on my machine! Cant wait! I will post more pics before and after this coming storm.