1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Polar Edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fulltiltwill, Sep 8, 2005.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I would like to run poly edges on my 810 but don't like to spend $495 for them. Does anybody know who makes poly edges for an 810? :help:

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You answered your own question.

The Polar Edge is the only urethane edge for Blizzards. They are well worth the money. Because the Blizzards are so heavy, these edges are very different from a normal urethane edge. They are impregnated with steel so they last\wear longer. We burned off our steel edge on our 8611 in about 50-60 hours of plowing last year, installed the Polar Edge and it is going strong.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Will, The Polar edges are only available through Blizzard dealers. You are getting a main edge and wing edges for that price. Some people only run the wings in Urethane and steel for the main edge. This gives longer wear life and better curbing ability ( less damage to the curbs) and cleans well with the steel center. I have over 400 hrs on a full set of U edges doing gravel driveways and concrete and blacktop with less than 1/4" of wear. Some users have seen theres wear out but are running at higher speeds.( i.e 40mph+)

Jerre

4. fulltiltwill

Just what I needed to Know

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm going to buck up get them.

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The Polar Edges are by far a superior edge, worth every dollar. I recommend running on all your Blizzard Plows. :yow!:

6. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

Polar Edge

Was just at Blizzard Corporation two weeks ago and they told me that they last three times longer than a steel edge, i am installing two this week on customers plows

7. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

Polar Edge

Was just at Blizzard Corporation two weeks ago and they told me that they last three times longer than a steel edge, i am installing two this week on customers plows

8. zsqure

zsqure Junior Member

does anyone have experience with polar edges on an ss810? with the down pressure do they wear as quickly?

9. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

they're useless in wet packable snow. They just ride over the top and won't dig through the wet stuff, especially in traffic areas. I will be trying what others do and take off the center 8' and put back the steel edge, leaving the wings polar.

10. fulltiltwill

That is what is happening with mine. Does'nt seem to scrap very well when it is a wet snow. I scrapes sweet back blading but in the driving lanes it will leave a 1/2" or so of snow. Don't know if I need to break it in more or what? It is brand new only plowed twice with it.

11. TJDMAX

TJDMAX Junior Member

Polar egde on 800 blizzard

How does the polar edge work on gravel driveways? I'm thinking of getting one for my 800 Blizzard plow.