Snow Plowing Forum banner

Polar Cold front and Ohio Valley Snowstorm?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Snow Day 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, i was just looking over the latest GFS model and it was showing this;

As the Arctic Front envelopes the Central Plains and the Ohio Valley, on the leading edge of the Trough, a Low pressure forms in the Deep southeast. Looking at the snow amounts it was actually giving a good chunk of the Ohio Valley 4-8" of snowfall through next Monday with cold weather. Before that in the evolution of the storm, it was actually giving some snow accumulations of 1-3" of snow in Northern Arkansas;

Not buying into this yet until there is more consistency, but since this is in the 4-7 day range, it is looking at least possible of happening.

See less See more
#6 ·
The first real MAJOR Winter Storm of the Season for the United States has been named, and the name is Winter Storm Dalton! Various computer models are starting to finaly agree with each other and is coming together on a solution of the forecasted track below. By far the most expected accumulations expected in the blue shaded in area but the most expected over areas of Central and Western Michigan, Central Illinois and near the Chicago land area where Lake effect snowfall may kick in and boost some totals. So far i will not be putting out any forecasted amounts of snowfall yet, but should be coming in around tonight and updates throughout the night as models come in. Wind should not be a huge factor, but since this is the first storm system to affect the Ohio Valley and great lakes with decent snowfall, it will hamper travel and please review all the services we got here on our left hand side menu. I would advise to get christmas lights up today and decorations because tomorrow in the blue shaded area will be snowy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.