1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PM's Disabled??? WTF?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JohnnyU, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I still have heard to response as to why the PM's were disabled, it was supposedly due to "maintenance" but we never heard any more about it, what's going on here? Is this another attempt to limit the communication of the members to the visible methods of the forums? Is censorship rearing its ugly head let again on Plowsite? :angry:

2. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

relax guy... your gonna get an ulcer!

PM's are back ..... and, I didn't realize I was obligated to give any sort of response, whatsoever.... remember guy, along with the PM feature, this is a free site. But, I will take a moment to break it down for you.

I was doing a SQL Dump of data (site backup) and after I clicked 'backup' I realized I had not checked the private message database table (to backup all PM's in-case data loss, you would not lose your PM's)... well, after I clicked backup I clicked the privatemessage database table thinking it had not started backing up.... I was wrong... when I clicked the privatemessage table it decompiled (goofed) the privatemessage databases.... so, I had to get all of them fixed or all would have been lost (all scrambled up)... if I turned PM's back on during that time it would have made it so a backup after fixed would not have been possible.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Thank you.

I got a response, didn't I?

;)

4. mowahman

mowahman Junior Member

That you did, guy.

5. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Sure did JOHN

Thread Status: